Plum Street Tour-Cotopaxi
Plum Thru Town-Betsy begins the Cotopaxi Plum Street Tour at the School Cafeteria
Betsy leads the Plum Street tour beginning with the Cotopaxi Mine
(5 County Rd 51-Plum Street) This property was once owned by Emanuel Saltiel and Vic Miller. It has one of the oldest water rights in Cotopaxi.
(9 County Road 51-Plum Street) J.D. Hilton home. J.D. eventually became owner of the Cotopaxi mine. J. D. Hilton is an uncle to Otis Witcher.
Charlie McCoy home. Charlie was a local business man–owned two saloons and several mining interests.
Betsy answers questions during the tour.
(51 County Road 51-Plum Street) Mullins General Store-originally Hart had a store here; then it went to Hendricks, and then to Orilee Mullins.
(63 County Road 51-Plum Street) Known as the boarding house–one of the original homes in the area.
Area of the railroad line workers bunk house, the depot and the home of the supervisor of the lineman
We grateful that the Royal Gorge Museum is helping us to preserve Betsy’s tour information
(165 County Rd. 51-Plum Street) Hart owned this land prior to 1900. Later Silas Ross owned it.
(249 County Rd. 51-Plum Street) This house was owned by Otis Witcher (son of T. Witcher) and Mary (Otis’ mother). Mary was a Hardin.
(County Rd. 51-Plum Street) Once known as the bunkhouse–it was moved from across the tracks to this location.
(261 County Rd. 51-Plum Street) Once owned by Peter Noon. Peter owned and operated the granite quarry and died there in an accident while working.